Welcome back to the iAngels monthly deal digest! This January we tracked 19 announced deals totaling $356m, alongside 10 acquisitions for a disclosed $1.1b.
The surge in growth financing continued as we witnessed a newly minted unicorn in Kaminario, while in parallel Kik acquired Rounds and established a new R&D center in Israel.
Read on for the full scoop!
- Guide in Medical, a medical device focused on trachea identification during intubation, raised $500,000 from CTS.
- Flytrex, a developer of end-to-end drone delivery solutions, raised $3m led by Armada VC with participation from Joey Low, and Daniel Gutenberg.
- Sigma Accolade, a verified online achievement platform, raised $4.35m in a party-round led by Andreessen Horowitz and 10 other investors.
- Gradtrain, a platform using big data analytics to predict the success rates of college applications, raised $500,000 from private investors.
Series A Rounds
- Pagaya, an algorithmic asset manager focused on managing marketplace lending investments, raised $2m from Carmel Ventures.
- Secret Double Octopus, a network traffic protection solution, raised $6m from JVP, Liberty Media, Iris Capital, Benhamou Global Ventures, and Yaniv Tal.
- Fraugster, an anti-fraud security system powered by AI, raised $5m led by Earlybird, Speedinvest, and Seedcamp.
- ARTSaVIT, a cancer treatment drug development company, raised $6.3m led by Arkin Bio Ventures with Pontixfax Fund and Merck Ventures.
- Inovytec, a developer of non-invasive critical care medical devices, raised $3m from Vincent Medical to extend its A round.
Series B Rounds
- VisIC technologies, a developer of transistors for OEMs manufacturing electric motor drivers and power suppliers, raised $11.6m from Birch investment and existing investors.
- Tracx, a social media management suite, raised $12.5m led by Camden Partners with participation by Edison Partners and Tracx CEO Rick Rudman.
- HealthWatch, a developer of digital textile garments that monitor biometrics, raised $20m from Yiling, a Chinese medical company.
- Feedvisor, a provider of algo-commerce solutions to online retailers, raised $20m led by General Catalyst with participation from existing investors.
- Corephotonics, a developer of camera imaging technologies for phones, raised $15m led by Samsung Ventures, Foxconn, and Mediatek as well as existing investors.
- Appsflyer, a global leader in mobile advertising attribution and market data analytics, raised $56m led by Qumra Capital with participation from Goldman Sachs, Magma, Pitango, and Deutsche Telekom.
- Transmit Security, a mobile security software solution, emerged from stealth to announce $40m from Michael Boodaei, Rakensh Loonkar, and private investors.
- Sentinel One, an endpoint security software aiming to replace traditional antivirus vendors, raised a $70m round led by Redpoint Ventures alongside Sound Ventures and existing investors.
- Valens Semiconductor, a chipmaker enabling entertainment services in the connected car, raised $25m from IGP.
- Kaminario, an all-flash storage company redefining modern data centers, raised $75m led by Waterwood group and joined by Sequoia, Pitango, Lazarus, Silicon Valley Bank, and Globespan Capital Partners.
- Mentad, a predictive marketing technology for online retailers, was acquired by Socialcode, a social advertising insights company , for an undisclosed sum.
- Commerce Sciences, a web personalization platform, was acquired by Taboola, a leading content discovery platform, for an undisclosed sum.
- Tyrnovo, a cancer drug development company, was acquired Kitov, a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company for $3.8m.
- Abbi, an in-app marketing solution for mobile publishers, was acquired by Israeli start-up WalkMe, an enterprise user experience solution, for $2m.
- SimpliVity, a virtualization solution for IT departments, was acquired by Hewlett Packard’s Enterprise division, HPE, for $650m.
- ACS Motion Control, a developer of digital motion control products, was acquired by Physik Instrumente, a provider of positioning systems for high-performance industrial applications, for $22m.
- Flok, a customer rewards platform, a provider of data center infrastructure management tools, was acquired by Wix, a leading cloud-based web development platform, for an undisclosed sum.
- Valtech, a medical device company focused on cardiac complications, was acquired by Edwards Lifesciences, the world leader in artificial heart valves, for $340m. This deal was announced in November, but resurfaced in January.
- Lithotech, a world leader in the production and development of invasive devices, was acquired by Vention Medical, a medical device manufacturing company, for $2.6m.
- Rounds, an instant group video chat app, was acquired by Kik, a global messaging application, for $70m. Kik will open up an R&D center in Israel.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest.
If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.