Welcome back to the iAngels monthly deal digest! This February we tracked 24 announced deals totaling $237m, alongside 11 acquisitions for a disclosed $321m.
Read on for the full scoop!
- Testcraft, a continous test automation software, raised $1m from serial software entrepreneurs.
- BFrow, a tool for fashion and lifestyle blogging,raised $3.2m from private investors.
- Kado, a company developing ultra-light chargers for phones and laptops, raised a $1.2m round led by AltaIR Capital.
- Exceed.ai, a chatbot platform for sales and marketing, raised $1.5m from Glilot Capital Partners.
- Shopiz, a social shopping eCommerce platform, raised $2m led by Ron Zuckerman and other private investors.
- CodeMonkey, a gaming platform helping people learn how to code, raised $1.5m led by J21 Corporation with participation from Japan’s EduLab, and Singapore’s Invictus Capital.
- Cannabi-Tech, a provider of lab-grade medical cannabis quality control testing systems , raised $1m from the Agrinnovation fund and Arba Finance.
Series A Rounds
- Intuition Robotics, the maker of an autonomous active aging companion, raised $6m from Bloomberg Beta, iRobot Ventures, and Terra Ventures.
- Empow Networks, a cybersecurity start-up helping organizations investigate and mitigate advanced attacks in real-time, raised $9m from private investors.
- Javelin Networks, an AI platform protecting active directories and preventing breaches, raised a $5m round led by RSL Venture Partners with participation from Hillsven, Upwest Labs, and Tomer Weingarten, the CEO of SentinelOne.
- Intensix, a platform pioneering analytical tools for ICU management, raised $8.3m led by Pitango, with participation from Rhon-Klinikum.
- Zeitgold, an end-to-end financial solution for cafes, restaurants, and small retailers, raised $4.5m from Battery Ventures and Holtzbrinck Ventures.
- Spotad, an adtech start-up using AI to deliver mobile ads, raised $3.5m from Hong Kong-based VLTCM.
- SecuredTouch, a mobile security start-up developing behavior-based identification solutions, raised $3.5m in a round led by RDSeed with participation from Eshbol, Wellborn Ventures, and Swarth Group.
Series B Rounds
- Fortscale, a behavioral analytics platform for cyberintelligence, raised $7m from Evolution Equity Partners, Valor Capital, and existing investors.
- Credifi, a cloud-based analytics solution for the commercial real estate market, raised $13m from Battery Ventures, Carmel, and Liberty.
- Intsights, a cybersecurity company defending against cyber threats emanating from the dark web, raised $15m from Clearsky Ventures, Glilot Capital Partners, Blumberg Capital, Wipro, and Vintage Investment Partners.
- Chorus.ai, a system that extracts insights from recorded sales calls to help increase conversions, raised $16m, led by Tom Tunguz at Redpoint.
- Pharma Two B, a drug development company targeting Parkinson’s disease and cancer, raised $30m led by Israel Biotech Fund, Crossroad, aMoon Partners, and JK&B.
- VATBox, a software solution for automatic VAT reclaim, raised $20m from Target Global and Viola Growth.
- SAManage, a cloud-based customer service software company, raised $20m from Salesforce1, Marker, Vintage, Gemini, and Carmel.
- MinuteMedia, a platform that allows fans to create their own sports media, raised $15m led by Qumra Capital, with participation from existing investors.
- Exabeam, a cybersecurity start-up that detects and responds to cyberattacks, raised $30m in a round co-led by Lightspeed and Cisco, with participation from NVP, Icon Ventures, Aspect Ventures, and Shlomo Kramer.
- Trax, the world leader in image recognition for retail, raised $19.5m led by Investec and Broad Peak Master Fund.
- Wise Data Media, an ad monetization platform, was acquired by Whitesmoke, a digital marketing and ad services company, for $5.3m.
- Nurego, a business operations solution for industrial and technology companies, was acquired by GE for an undisclosed amount.
- ClicksMob, a mobile performance advertising network, was acquired by Webpals for $5.5m.
- Skyfence, an intrusion detection software for enterprises, was acquired by Forcepoint for an undisclosed amount.
- Servotronix Motion Control, a manufacturer of motion control automation solutions, was acquired by Midea for $170m.
- Realface, a facial recognition solution, was acquired by Apple, in what appeared to be an acqui-hire.
- Talent Biotechs, a developer of proprietary cannabidiol therapeutics, was acquired by Kalytera for $10m.
- Landa Nanometallics, a novel metal printing technology, was acquired by Altana for an undisclosed amount.
- Finupp, an online tool that allows taxpayers to check their eligibility for tax refunds, was acquired by iGroup for an undisclosed amount.
- Aditor, an ROI optimization solution for advertisers, was acquired by Playtika for an undisclosed amount.
- LightCyber, a leading provider of behavioral attack detection solutions was acquired by Palo Alto Networks for $130m.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest.
If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.