Welcome to the iAngels monthly deal digest!
This May we tracked 19 announced deals totaling $206M, alongside 6 acquisitions for a disclosed $217M.
The leading sectors this month were the Medical tech with 5 startups raising $55M, and Cybersecurity with 4 startups raising $45.5M.
Read on for the full scoop!
- PureSec, a security solution for serverless architectures, raised $3M round led by TLV Partners with participation from Entrée Capital.
- VIZ.AI, an AI company optimizing emergency treatment raised $7.5M round led by DHVC and Innovation Endeavors with participation from AME Cloud Ventures.
- MUGU, a company developing social music player, raised $1.125M round from privet investors.
- Kanabo, a company developing Cannabis formulations for medical use, raised $500K round from private investors.
Series A Rounds
- ProPrep (Easy Education) , an educational platform specializing in preparing for academic and matriculation exams, raised $1.68M round from private investors.
- Scopio, a company developing advanced microscopes, raised $7M round led by Ourcrowd with participation from other investors.
- BitDam, a company developing cyber protection from zero-day threats, raised $3M round led by Marius Nacht and Moshe Lichtman (IGP).
- BiomX, a microbiome cancer treatment, raised $24M round led by OrbiMed, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Takeda Ventures, and other investors.
- Sweet Inn, a boutique short term accommodation, raised $22M round led by Qumra Capital with participation from BRM Group and other European investors.
- Guesty, a management service for Airbnb property managers, raised $3M round from led by Buran VC with participation from Magma Venture Partners and AltaIR Capital.
- Taranis, a weather intelligence system for farmers, raised $7.5M round led by Finistere Ventures and Vertex Ventures with participation from iAngels, and other investors.
- Loom Systems, a provider of AI-powered log analysis software platform, raised $6M round led by JVP with participation from Meron Capital and 31Ventures.
Series B Rounds
- Karamba, a cyber protection solution for the automotive industry, raised $12M round led by YL Ventures and Fontinalis Partners with participation from GlenRock Israel.
- Twiggle, a company developing search and data driven technologies, raised $15M round led by MizMaa Ventures and Korea Investment Partners.
- SoftWheel, a company developing In-Wheel Suspension System, raised $10M round from existing investors.
- Next Insurance, a provider of digital insurance for small to medium businesses, raised $29M round led by Munich Re/HSB Ventures with participation from Markel and Nationwide.
- Wandera, a company developing mobile data gateway, raised $27.5M round led by Sapphire Ventures with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners and 83North.
- Mintigo, a developer of a predictive platform for marketing & sales, raised $10M round led by Glilot Capital partners, with participation from Sequoia IL and other investors.
- CartiHeal, a company developing new treatment for cartilage erosion, raised $18.3M led by aMoon, with participation from Elron Electronic , JJDC, and Peregrine Ventures.
- Dimon, a tool for Bot monitoring, was acquired by JFrog, a developer of binary repository management system for an undisclosed sum.
- Hexadite, a developer of automated incident response Solution for cyber threats, was acquired by Microsoft for a reported $100M.
- Plexistor, a data management company, was acquired by NetApp, a leading data service company for a reported $20M.
- GeneSort, molecular diagnostics company, was acquired by AID Partners , an Hong Kong based investment fund for $23M.
- Yokee, a developer of music apps, was acquired by Stingray, a Canadian B2B music provider for a reported $35M.
- Medical Compression Systems (MSC), a developer of medical equipment for vascular and wound care, sold its assets for $4M, to an undisclosed acquirer.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest.
If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.