Welcome to the iAngels monthly deal digest!
This July we tracked 31 announced deals totaling $515M, alongside 10 acquisitions for a disclosed $801M, including 2 major acquisitions in the cyber space – Skycure that was acquired for $275M, and FireGlass that was acquired for $250M.
4 iAngels investments were also announced including; Applitools, DBmaestro, Way2Vat and Inception VR, together with the exciting acquisition of portfolio company, Nanorep for $45M.
Read on for the full scoop!
July investment highlights
- Cool Cousin, a decentralized travel agency to connect travelers and like-minded locals for personalized on-demand guidance, raised $2M round led by led by Elevator Fund.
- BrandTotal, a marketing intelligence platform, raised $2M round led by KDC Media Fund and other investors.
- Way2Vat, a company offering automated foreign VAT reclaims raised $3M round from iAngels, Moneta seed, Bank Hapoalim and additional investors.
- AppsVillage, an Apps creation platform, raised $1M round from private investors.
- Hargol Foodtech, a grasshopper farming firm, raised $0.6M round led by Sirius Venture Capital in Singapore and SLJ Investment Partners in The Netherlands.
- Eventer, a platform for live events, raised $1M round led by CoShare Ventures.
Series A Round
- Inception VR, a leading 360 & VR content creator raised $15M round led by RTL Group with participation from iAngels and other investors.
- Somatixa, a company that offers a wearable data analytics software platform for digital health, raised $6M round led by Digitalis.
- Syte, a visual search platform only for fashion, raised $8M round led by NHN Ventures, with participation from Naver Corp, Magma VC, and other investors.
- Gong.io, a conversation intelligence software for sales teams raised $20M led by Norwest Venture Partners and Shlomo Kramer with the participation from Wing Venture Capital and NextWorld Capital.
- Intuition Robotics, a company develops social companion technology to impact the lives of older adults, raised $14M round led by Toyota Research Institute (TRI).
- Theranica, a biomedical technology company focused on developing electronic and wireless communication technology, raised $6M led by Lightspeed Venture Partners.
- Spotinst, a SaaS optimization platform delivers significant cost reduction for AWS and GCE, raised $15M round led by Intel Capital, with participation from Vertex Ventures and Springtime Ventures.
Series B Rounds
- Applitools, a company offering automated visual software testing tools, raised $8M round led by Sierra Ventures, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, iAngels, Magma, and La Maison.
- PerimeterX, a company that provides a behavior-based threat protection technology, raised $23M round led by Canaan Partners, with participation from Vertex Ventures and Data Collective (DCVC).
- Imagry, an artificial intelligence research company that has developed visual recognition engine, raised $7M round led by Samsung.
DataRails, a company that transforms Excel into a smart organizational tool, raised $6M round led by Vertex Ventures, with participation from existing investors Cyrus Angel Fund, Oryzn Capital and Joey Low.
- Rapid Medical, acmopany that have developed neurovascular medical devices, raised $9M round led by BRM group and Shanghai-Israel Investment Fund, with participation from Winnovation and Gefen Capital.
- iguazio, an “edge data” analytics platform targeting IoT, finance and other services that require real-time processing, raised $33M round led by led by Pitango Venture Capital.
- OwnBackup, a leading cloud-to-cloud backup and restore vendor, raised $7.5M round led by Insight Venture Partners.
- Deep Instinct, a developer of therapeutics for glaucoma, raised $32M round led by CNTP, with participation from NVIDIA, Coatue Management, and other investors.
- Venus Concept, a non-invasive medical aesthetics company, raised $37.5M round led by unnamed investors.
- Prospera, an agriculture technology data company that develops intelligent solutions, raise $15M round led by Qualcomm Ventures, with participation from Cisco Investments, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
- DBmaestro, a provider of DevSecOps solutions for database technology, has raised $4.5M round led by Vertex Ventures l with participation from Lool Ventures and iAngels.
- MobileODT, a developer of a portable and light colposcopy device gas raised a $6.85M financing round led by the OrbiMed Advisors LLC venture capital fund, with participation from Tristel
- SimilarWeb, a company that offers research tools that help users understand insights about any websites or mobile app, raised $47M round led by Viola Growth, with participation from Saban Ventures, CE Ventures, and other investors.
- Nyotron, a cyber defense solution for endpoints, raised $21M round led by DGB Investments with participation from Mivtach Shamir, Gil Agmon and Shmuel Harlap.
- WalkMe, an interactive online guidance and engagement platform, raised $75M round led by Insight Venture Partners, with participation from other investors.
- Vroom, an online direct car retailer, raised $76M round led by PICO Venture Partners and with participation from General Catalyst Partners, L. Catterton and other investors.
- Dynamic Yield, a company provides personalization, recommendations, 1:1 messaging, and yield optimization across web, mobile, and email, raised $9M round led by DTCP (Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners) and La Maison.
- Qmarkets, a collective intelligence solutions company, raised $5.2M round led by LETA Capital, Club 100 Plus, and the State of Connecticut’s Department of Economic and Community Development.
- NanoRep, a developer of AI-based tools to help people navigate self-service apps, and an iAngels portfolio company, was acquired by LogMeIn, a provider of connectivity solutions for those who connect remotely to networks and services, for up to $50M
- Skycure, a provider of mobile security solutions, was acquired by Symantec for a reported $275M.
- FireGlass, a developer of threat isolation platform that eliminates malware and phishing from web and email, was acquired by Symantec for a reported $250M.
- IQP, a platform that enables customers to create their own Industrial IoT applications, was acquired by GE for a reported $40M.
- Cloudyn, a business management solution, was acquired by Microsoft for an $50M.
- Linkury, a company that offers a complete framework of app monetization solutions was acquired by Algomizer, a public company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: ALMO) and specializing in the online marketing field, for a reported $11M.
- Emefcy, a developer of energy-efficient wastewater treatment, was merged with RWL Water, for a reported $3M.
- MRV Communications, a leading worldwide supplier of communications equipment and services, was acquired by ADVA Optical Networking (FSE: ADV) for a reported $69M.
- AspireGlobal, a leading provider of Igaming solutions, raised $38.8 million at a company value of $155 million at NASDAQ Stockholm.
- Ethernity, a developer of high-end network processing technology for Carrier Ethernet switching, raised £15 million ($19.2 million) on London’s AIM.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest.
If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.