Welcome to the iAngels monthly deal digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This August we tracked 24 announced deals totaling $405M, and one massive WeWork round of $4.4B bringing the total amount raised in August to $4.8B. On the M&A side, August was a great month for Israeli companies with 7 acquisitions for a disclosed $1.54B, including Plarium, a social gaming company that was acquired for $500M and R2Net, a solution for jewelry e-commerce that was acquired for $328M.
Read on for the full scoop!
August investment highlights
- ClanPlay, a messaging app for gamers, has raised a $1M seed round from F2 Capital, MJ Fahmi – Babil Games, and Anton Gauffin – CEO of Huuuge Games.
- VRHealth, a developer of Virtual Reality environments to enhance physical therapy, has raised a $1.95M round, led by ExitValley.
Series A Round
- Namogoo, a developer of an e-commerce security solution, has raised an $8M round led by GreatPoint Ventures with participation from Blumberg Capital and Inimiti Capital.
- SpaceIQ, a Facility Management Software, raised a $7M round led by Vertex Ventures, Xplorer Capital, Bullpen Capital, Divergent Ventures and RoundTwo Capital.
- Karius, a developer of a solution for infectious disease diagnostics, has raised $50M, led by Data Collective (DCVC) and Lightspeed Venture Partners, with participation from Tencent and Khosla Ventures.
- Healthy.io, a solution for turning smartphone cameras into clinical-grade medical devices, has raised a $12M round led by Quantum Pacific Ventures.
- Brayola, an e-commerce platform for bras, has raised $2.5M round from The Firstime Fund, Ilan Shiloah, Nir Tralovsky, Jonathan Benartzi, and other private investors.
- MedAware, a solution for the detection of prescription errors, has raised an $8M round with investments from Becton, Dickinson & Co, Gefen Capital, OurCrowd and Yingcheng City Fubon Technology Co.
- Amenity Analytics, a developer of a platform for deriving insights from text, has raised $7.6M round led by State of Mind Ventures.
- Mobility Insight, a developer of a vehicle fleet and transportation management solution, has raised a $3M round led by Champion Capital Group.
Series B Rounds
- GuardiCore, a cyber security company providing network security solutions for software defined data centers, has raised $15M, led by TPG Growth and Greenfield Partners, with participation from Battery Ventures, 83North, Cisco Investments and Dell Technologies.
- Proov, a proof of concept platform, has raised $14M round led by Helios Capital and Mangrove Capital Partners with participation from OurCrowd and Cerca Partners.
- Amitree, a tool for real estate agents, has raised a $7M round led by Vertical Venture Partners, with participation from Accel Partners and Seven Peaks Ventures.
- OryX Vision, a company developing Light Detection and Ranging systems for self-driving vehicles, has raised a $50M round led by Third Point Ventures and WRV.
- Innoviz, another company developing Light Detection and Ranging system for self-driving vehicles, has raised $65M round led by Delphi Automotive and Magna International, along with other investors
- Puls (previously CellSavers), an on-demand smartphone and tablet repair service, has raised $25M round led by Red Dot Capital Partners with participation from Samsung next, Maverick ventures, Kreos Capital, Sequoia Capital and Carmel Ventures
- RescueDose, which has developed a compact robot system for dispensing liquid drugs for injection, has raised a $2.5M round led by ERA Brazil Israel
- WeWork, a global co-working space giant has raised a massive $4.4B round from SoftBank Group,
- PrimaryData, an enterprise metadata engine, has raised $20M round from Pelion Venture Partners, Accel, Battery Ventures and other investors.
- Eloxx, a company developing therapeutics for genetic diseases, has raised an $8M round led by LSP with participation from Pontifax VC, OPKO Health Inc., Quark, Catalyst, KIP, and additional private investors.
- Signals Analytics, a system dedicated to driving product portfolio optimization, has raised $8M round led by Pitango Growth with participation by existing investors, Sequoia Capital and Qumra Capital.
- Happify, a developer of behavioral health applications, has raised $9M round led by T Capital Partners.
- Mapi Pharma, a developer of lifecycle management pharmaceuticals, has raised a $10M round from aMoon Fund, an Israeli firm founded by Marius Nacht and Dr. Yair Schindel.
- Redis Labs, a database company that specializes in in-memory databases, has raised $44M round led by Goldman Sachs.
- ScaleMP, a provider of virtualization solutions facilitating software based computing, has raised a $10M round led by Bank Leumi’s investment banking arm, Leumi Partners Ltd.
M&A and IPO
- Pelarium, a social gaming company, was acquired by Aristocrat, one of the largest manufacturers of gaming solutions and poker machines in the world, for a reported $500M.
- R2Net, providing solutions to transition bricks and mortar jewelry stores into e-commerce retailers, was acquired by Signet, world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry, for a reported $328M
- ZoomInfo, a B2B data platform was acquired by private equity firm Great Hill Partners for a reported $240M.
- DoubleVerify, a provider of online media verification and campaign effectiveness solutions, was acquired by Providence Equity Partners for a reported $200M.
- Luminati, a division of hola Networks and an IP proxy network for businesses was acquired by EMK CApital for a reported $200M.
- DiP-Tech, a provider of solutions for digital printing on glass, was acquired by Ferro, a global supplier of technology-based functional coatings and color solutions, for a reported $80M.
- Brenmiller Energy, a developer of hybrid energy sources like solar, biomass or any other heat source, for covering electric base load demands, has raised $15M on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE).
- Vbrand, a developer of an AI platform to measure brand exposure and impact in sports programming, was acquired by Nielsen, a global information, data and measurement company for an undisclosed amount.
- Streetsmart, a developer of a decision support system for drivers was acquired by Gett, a global ride sharing app was acquired for an undisclosed amount.
- Unomy, a developer of sales and marketing intelligence platform, was acquired by WeWork, a global co-working space giant, for an undisclosed amount.
- Applause, a provider of digital experience quality tools, was acquired by Vista Equity Partners, for an undisclosed amount.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest. If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.