Welcome to the iAngels monthly Deal Digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This November we tracked 40 announced deals totaling $521M, including the closing of several of iAngels investments, including: Scadafence, Arbe Robotics and Missbeez.
On the M&A side, we tracked 2 exists estimated at $115M, including the acquisition of Visualead by Alibaba for an estimated $40M.
Read on for the full scoop!
November investment highlights
- Medigate, a developer of a cybersecurity platform that protects medical devices connected to healthcare networks, has raised a $5.4M seed round led by YL Ventures, with participation from Blumberg Capital.
- Coneuron, a company operating in stealth-mode and focuses on improving the way humans behave in the virtual space, has raised $4M in a pre-seed financing round from its founder and CEO Idan Plotnik, formerly the founder and CEO at cybersecurity company Aorato, which was acquired by Microsoft in 2014 for $200 million.
- Tipigo, a developer of a software that allows customers to automate their investment portfolios using algorithms, has closed a $1M seed funding round led by Alon Arabov.
- SourcingBot, a software that optimizes the purchasing of electric components for manufacturing has raised a $1.5M financing round led by the investment bank of the German state of Brandenburg.
- AquiNovo, a company developing solutions to improve farmed fish development, has raised a $1.5M investment round led by Neovia.
- Seegnature, a collaboration platform that helps consumer-facing enterprises to seal deals, has raised a $1.4M financing round from undisclosed investors.
- Mazalit, a b2b blockchain-based payment platform for the global diamond, gem and jewelry industry, has raised $1.2M in a seed financing round led by Malca-Amit.
- C2 Communities, a platform for making the US rental market more efficient, has raised a $1.2M seed round from former Israel Ministry of Finance Accountant General Shouky Oren, Aspen Group CEO Guy Elias, Clal Insurance Enterprises Holdings Ltd. chairman Danny Naveh, and others.
Series A Rounds
- ClimaCell, a weather forecasting technology that uses wireless networks to create incredibly granular predictions, has raised a $15M financing round led by Canaan Partners, with participation from Fontinalis Partners.
- Optibus, a developer of real-time public transport planning solution has raised a $12M financing round led by Pitango Venture Capital with the participation of Verizon Ventures and Sir Ronald Cohen.
- SCADAfence, a developer of industrial IoT cybersecurity solutions has raised a $7M Series A financing round from Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP), NexStar Partners, Global Brain, iAngels and other investors.
- Reali, a highly interactive, app-enabled real estate company, has closed an additional $3M investment into its Series A round announced in May 2017, from Silicon Valley investor, Oren Zeev.
- Seebo, a developer of industrial IoT platform for manufacturing plants has raised an additional $8M for its Series A round, totaling $16.5 million. The investment came from TPY Capital, Viola Ventures, Pritzker Group Venture Capital, and Global IoT Technology Ventures.
- Testim.io, a company that is building a software that helps businesses automatically test their websites to ensure they remain functional, has closed a $7.9M series A funding led by Lightspeed Venture Partners led the round, with participation from Foundation Capital, Spider Capital, and Heavybit.
- Buildup, a task management and collaboration platform for the construction industry, has raised $7M in a Series A round of funding from Tel Aviv-based TLV Partners, UpWest Labs, 01 Ventures, Abstract Ventures, and Check founders Guy Goldstein and Ahikam Kaufman.
- Woo, which has developed an advanced marketplace for matching employers and passive job seekers using AI, has raised a $7M Series A financing round, led by Lord David Alliance with participation from existing investors.
- Equalum, a provider of an enterprise data beaming platform, has raised $5M in Series A financing led by Innovation Endeavors with participation from GE Ventures.
- Wiliot, a developer of wireless technology that will eliminate a reliance on batteries or wired power to vastly accelerate the Internet of Things, has closed a $19M Series A financing round with $5M in investments from Qualcomm Ventures, and Merck KGaA’s M Ventures. In January when the company was founded, Wiliot raised $14 million from Grove Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, and 83North Venture Capital.
- Missbeez, an on-demand beauty service, and an iAngels portfolio company have raised a $4M financing round led by OurCrowd, with participation from iAngels, Target Global, 500Startups and Gigi Levi.
- SafeBeyond, a solution to securely leave digital assets in virtual safes, after your parting, for your loved one’s future events, has raised a $1.2M financing round from ATOORO, Platinum Digital, and other investors.
Series B Rounds
- Kano, a company that teaches kids about computers and coding by a variety of do-it-yourself hardware building kits, has raised $28M in a series B round of funding led by the Thames Trust and Breyer Capital, with participation from Index Ventures, Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, the Stanford Engineering Venture Fund, and other investors.
- Excelero, a Software-defined block storage for cloud and enterprise applications, has raised a $25M financing round led by Battery Ventures and with the participation of Qualcomm Ventures, Square Peg Capital, David Flynn, Giora Yaron, Shlomo Kramer and Mickey Boodaei.
- BigPanda, an Algorithmic Service Operations solutions for enterprise IT, has closed additional $23M in Series B funding – expanding the round to a total of $49 million. the round was led by Greenfield Partners, with participation from existing BigPanda investors Sequoia Capital, Battery Ventures and Mayfield.
- TrueAccord, a company driving transformation in the debt collection market, has closed a $22M financing round led by Arbor Ventures, with participation from existing and new investors including Nyca Investment Partnership, Assurant Growth Investing, Caffeinated Capital Fund, Felicis Venture, TenOneTen and Crystal Towers.
- MitrAssist, a clinical-stage biotech company that develops a valve that can be placed inside the heart using a catheter, has raised a $16M financing round led by Fosun Pharma, the pharmaceutical arm of China-based Fosun International.
- 6over6, a company that offers a platform that enables users to perform their own eye vision test, has raised a $11M financing round led by Rimonci Capital.
- RDD Pharma, a gastrointestinal drug development company, has raised $9.5M in a Series B financing round from Pharmascience, Inc. and an international life science fund, as well as existing investors OrbiMed and Capital Point.
- Arbe Robotics, a developer of a high-resolution radar system to help vehicles detect and identify objects, has raised a $9M from O.G. Tech Ventures and OurCrowd, with participation from iAngels, Canaan Partners, and Taya Ventures.
- StemRad, a developer of a unique personal radiation shield for first responders, military personnel and civilians, has raised a $6M investment round led by Tampa Bay Lightning chairman Jeff Vinik.
- Zirra, an AI-based company analysis platform has raised a $2M investment round from the Seedinvest crowdfunding platform and private investors.
- SynVaccine, a developer of vaccines based on synthetic biology, has raised a $1.7M financing round from Prof. Nava Zisapel from the RAD BioMed incubator, Sapir Venture Partners, and Singapore investment company Pix Vine Capital.
- Compass, A technology-based real estate brokerage, has closed a $100M financing round (With a $1.8B valuation) led by Fidelity Investments, as well as previous investors IVP and Wellington Management.
- Yotpo, a user-generated content marketing platform, has raised $51M in a financing round led by Claltech, with participation from Vertex Venture Capital a as well as previous investors Bessemer Venture Partners, Vintage Investment Partners, Blumberg Capital, Radium, and others.
- Globality, a business services marketplace for SMB, has closed a $35M financing round from an international consortium of individual and institutional investors culled from the highest ranks of U.S. business and politics. Former Vice President Al Gore; former IBM chief financial officer, John Joyce; International Chamber of Commerce secretary, John Danilovich, and PricewaterhouseCoopers former global chairman, Dennis Nally; are joining Raine Ventures and THK Equities in the company’s new round of funding.
- Spot.IM, a developer of a solution to keep users on sites longer, has raised a $25M financing round led by Insight Venture Partners with participation from Roman Abramovich, Altair VC and Norma Investments.
- Logz.io, a provider of log management and analysis services has closed $23M in Series C funding led by OpenView, with participation from investors 83North, Giza and new investor Vintage Investment Partners.
M&A and IPOs
- Visualead, a developer of a new ‘dot-less’ QR code used by Alibaba in its business in China, was acquired by Alibaba for an estimated $40M. According to an Alibaba announcement, this acquisition will form the basis of its R&D center in Israel.
- TayKey, a tool that helps companies to target their ads based on customer interest, was acquired by Innovid, a personalized video marketing platform for an undisclosed amount estimated at $75M. Both Innovid and Taykey count Sequoia Capital as one of their investors — Taykey had raised a total of $32 million, while Innovid raised $50 million.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest. If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.