Welcome to the iAngels Monthly Deal Digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This August we tracked 17 announced investment rounds totaling $326 million, with a notable focus towards later stages – This month there were no Seed rounds announced and only $26 million raised in A rounds across 6 startups.
Read on for the full scoop!
August 2018 Investment Highlights
Series A Rounds
- Driivz, a company who develops and sells a cloud-based electric vehicle charging network management software, has raised $12 million investment round led by British energy company Centrica PLC.
- Bosco (Alerteenz Ltd.), an app that lets parents monitor their children’s smartphone activities, has raised $4 million in a Series A funding round led by London-based investment firm Arie Capital Ltd. and Singapore-based venture capital firm FengHe Fund Management Pte Ltd.
- Air Doctor, an online marketplace for pre-vetted doctors that provide services to tourists in Europe and the Americas, has raised $3.1 million from Kamet, an insurtech incubator and a subsidiary of French insurance-focused holding company AXA SA.
- MOV.AI, a company that is working to create an ecosystem where developers, integrators, and manufacturers collaborate to develop the first industry-grade O/S for autonomous intelligent collaborative robots, has raised $3 million financing round from Viola Ventures and SF-based NFX.
- AudioBurst, a voice search platform that harnesses the power of AI and NLP to listen, understand, segment and index millions of minutes of daily voice content, has raised $3 million from Nippon Broadcasting System Inc.
- EcoPlant, a developer of a cloud-based monitoring system for infrastructure machines in industrial plants aimed to improve energy efficiency and equipment uptime, has raised $1.7 million in a Series A round led by Palo Alto, California-based venture capital firm Benhamou Global Ventures LLC.
Series B Rounds
- Spotinst, a startup that helps companies pay less for their cloud services by accessing excess capacity from cloud computing providers, has raised $35 million in a series B round of funding led by Highland Europe, with participation from Intel Capital, Vertex Ventures, and Leaders Fund.
- Carbyne, a developer of a new emergency callout platform that helps providers pinpoint a callers’ exact location and enable other services to improve and speed up communication and response times, has raised a $15 million financing round Led by Elsted Capital Partners, with participation from Founders Fund, the VC that has backed the likes of Facebook and Airbnb.
- Pagaya, a company that provides AI-based asset management solution for institutional investors, has closed a $14 million Series B financing round co-led by OAK HC/FT and Harvey Golub, with the participation from GF Investments, Siam Commercial Bank, Clal Insurance Ltd. and Pagaya’s seed investor, Viola Ventures.
- Puls Technologies, a company that brings on-the-go technicians into your home to perform tech support, has raised a $50 million investment round led by Temasek, with participation from existing investors Sequoia Capital, Red Dot Capital Partners, Samsung Next and Viola Ventures.
- Exabeam, a cybersecurity startup that leverages big data, machine learning, and analytics to detect and respond to cyber threats, has raised $50 million in a series D round of funding led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, with participation from Cisco Investments, Norwest Venture Partners, Aspect Ventures, Icon Ventures, and Shlomo Kramer.
- Twistlock, a container cybersecurity platform, has raised $33 million in a Series C financing round led by ICONIQ Capital, with participation from existing investors YL Ventures, TenEleven, Rally Ventures, Polaris Partners and Dell Technologies Capital.
- Dynamic Yield, a startup that provides personalization, recommendations, 1:1 messaging, and yield optimization across web, mobile, and email, has raised a $32 million Series D round led by Viola Growth with participation from Israel-based Union Tech Venture.
- Zadara, a company that offers enterprise-class storage as a service for private and public clouds, has raised $25 million in a financing round led by IGP Capital with participation from existing investors.
- SoftWheel, a developer of a shock absorbing wheel that includes an in-wheel adaptive suspension system, has closed a $25 million investment round led by Japan-based auto parts manufacturer Musashi Seimitsu Industry Co. Ltd. who also signed a strategic collaboration agreement with the company to develop and manufacture automotive technology.
- Formlabs, a developer of a 3D printing systems designed for printing intricate, has raised a $15 million financing round from New Enterprise Associates (NEA) according to a company valuation of $1 billion.
- Dia Imaging Analysis, an AI healthcare startup that develops automation tools for ultrasound scanners, has raised a $5 million financing round from Connecticut Innovations, Defta Healthcare, and the Israeli government’s Innovation Authority.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning in to our Israel Deal Digest. If you’d like to receive a version direct to your inbox, please subscribe below.