Welcome to iAngels! We empower the next generation of angel investing.
iAngels is an online startup investment arena where startup founders, angels and investors meet to execute successful and efficient financing. In a two phase investment process, experienced lead angels first make a commitment to a startup’s round of financing and then invite other crowd investors to join their lead at lower amounts. We believe the initial endorsement made by experienced angels is primal to the investment process as it forms a quality control measure for the broader investor community. By providing investors with the opportunity to invest responsibly alongside experienced angels and lowering the bar for minimal investments, iAngels turns millions of people into potential angels, thereby expanding the ecosystem and enabling a large number of startups to get funded.
Our users can be founders of a startup looking to raise capital, or investors who would like to invest in startups.
These Terms of Service set out the general terms governing your use of the iAngels.co website (“Website”). They apply to you as soon as you first use the Website. By using the Website, or allowing anyone to use the Website through your account, you shall be deemed as agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service (the “Terms”). These Terms govern your access to and use of the Service, Website and applications offered by iAngels (the “Service”). If you do not wish to continue to be bound by these Terms, please stop using the Website now.
These Terms of Service constitute a legal agreement between you, as the user of the Website, and iAngels Crowd Ltd, as the owner of the Website (hereinafter referred as “we”, “us” or “iAngels”). Throughout these Terms we will refer to you as “you” or “the User”.
iAngels invites startups to upload information about their venture. It can be in the form of Pitch Deck, Videos, References, Images and Investment Documents. iAngels is a community and as such, we honor one another’s confidential information. However, iAngels cannot guarantee that certain users will not distribute or misuse information on the Website. Additionally, given that iAngels is an online platform, we cannot prevent unauthorized viewing in a case of a software bug or hacker attack.
iAngels does not make investment recommendations, verify the accuracy of statements made by startups, or conduct thorough background checks on investors.
Investing in private company securities is a long term, high risk investment, also governed by different Securities Law. Startups and investors should seek independent legal advice and conduct due diligence on their own account prior to engaging in any transactions. iAngels is not responsible for the consequences of transactions that take place on its Website or on any other platform.
- You the right to use our Service. All right, title, and interest in and to the Service (excluding Content provided by Users) is and will remain the exclusive property of iAngels, its affiliates and its licensors. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services, our Website or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These Terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services. In particular, these Terms do not allow you to use the iAngels name or any of the iAngels trademarks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features. Upon acceptance of these Terms, iAngels grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, revocable license to use the Service. This license can be used solely by you, and can be revoked by iAngels at its discretion if misused or exploited in any way.
- You give iAngels (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content provided by you on our platform. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services and ownership in your specific content shall vest with you.
- Don’t misuse our Services. For example, don’t interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
- Our Services display some content that is not ours. This content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available. We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law.
Investors’ Registration and Authorization Process
Until you have completed it you will not be able to act as an investor on our Website. The purpose of the Investor Questionnaire is to allow us to make a determination as to whether you have the experience, expertise and knowledge required to understand the risks involved in, and make your own investment decisions about, the investments available through the Website. You will be presented with a set of questions, and based on the answers you provide, we will make a determination as to whether or not to authorize you to act as an investor. In the case of a corporate or entity, completion of the Investor Questionnaire by your representative constitutes completion by you, and the outcome of such completion will be binding on you even if you subsequently replace your representative.
Not all persons who register on our Website are allowed to act as investors. There may be regulatory limitations that apply on us and which we will need to assess prior to approving you as an authorized investor. In order to become an authorized investor on our platform, you must complete our Investment Questionnaire, and if applicable to you, must self-certify yourself as an “accredited investor” or a “sophisticated investor” (collectively “Accredited”) as promulgated under applicable law and further described in these Terms of Service below. The definition of an Accredited investor varies in each country. You acknowledge that the terms “accredited investor” or a “sophisticated investor” have specific definitions under applicable statutory rules and regulations, and that iAngels is relying on the authenticity of your statements as proof that you fall within the relevant definition. You may only self-certify if the contents of the relevant statement actually apply to you, meaning that you are in fact an “accredited investor” or a “sophisticated investor” as set forth electronically on our Website. These measures aim to protect our start-up companies from being deemed to make a “general solicitation” of their securities when using our Service. As regulation is complicated and can sometimes be ambiguous, we do not promise that the regulator concurs with your actions on the Service.
Without prejudice to our authorization processes, by executing the Terms you warrant to us that, in your view, you have the experience, expertise and knowledge to understand the risks involved in, and make your own investment decisions about, investments in startups and that all data provided by you within the Investor Questionnaire is genuine in all respects, accurate and true.
iAngels verifies the representations investors make based on personal conversations and references and is not liable to any false declaration or warranty provided by an investor, nor to any act or omission of such investor.
Only after you complete to fulfill the Investor Questionnaire and are approved by us, will you be able to view the deal terms of different startups’ fundraising rounds or invest in such fundraising rounds on our platform. We do not conduct a background check to verify the truthfulness of investors’ declaration and iAngels shall not be liable or held accountable in any manner to the truthfulness or accuracy of any declaration or warranty provided by such investor, including without limitation to whether such investor is Accredited or not. However, certain investors may be required to present documentation in support of their Accredited investor status in order to make an investment. Startups should be mindful of the regulatory requirements in their jurisdiction and should perform due diligence on potential investors accordingly.
The decision whether to authorize you to act as an investor on our Website platform is entirely ours. We may, at our discretion, permit you to complete the Investor Questionnaire again at a future date, but we are under no obligation to do so, and you should assume that our initial determination not to authorize you to act as an investor will apply to you until further notice. We are not liable to you for any losses, damages or costs arising from our decision not to authorize you as a qualified investor on our Website.
Representations and Warranties of Users
You promise and certify that:
- You enter into these Terms on your own behalf. You agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions contained herein, and that if any aspect of your participation in iAngels violates provisions of local law to which you are subject, you will cease using the Service and close your account.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- The information you provide is truthful and accurate.
- You will interact professionally and in good faith with iAngels and members of the iAngels community. You will not directly or indirectly circumvent iAngels and shall not contact or invest in the start-ups presented to you by iAngels other than through iAngels or as otherwise agreed in advance by iAngels in writing. You will not share personal information about other members of iAngels and shall not transfer or disclose any information provided to you by iAngels to any third party, nor use it for any other purpose other than investment through iAngels. You will not violate intellectual property or other rights of any person. You will not promote illegal activity, pornography or violence. You will not sell access to the Service. You will not transmit unwanted electronic communications (“spam”) to other members of iAngels community. You must not misuse this Website by intentionally introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malevolent or technologically harmful (“viruses”). You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this Website.
- The content you submit to iAngels is yours to provide and to be displayed on our Website in terms of rights to intellectual property, copyrights or any other materials. Your Content may be republished. iAngels is not responsible of content you view and maybe found inappropriate or untrue. iAngels does not make any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy and completeness of content posted on the Website. iAngels does not provide consultancy services of any kind. iAngels does not recommend or evaluate any statement or investment. Furthermore, the Website does not purport to contain all information relevant to evaluate a potential investment.
- Use discretion and judgment before investing any money. You are responsible for complying with regulation regarding any transaction. You are encouraged to obtain professional advice to protect your legal, accounting, financial or other interests.
- You will indemnify and hold iAngels harmless against any damage that might happen as a result of your use of iAngels Website platform and services. You irrevocably release iAngels from any and all claims, suits or demands you may have against any company or person that are related to the Service or your use of content offered through the Service, including any recommendations or referrals you may receive as a result of your registration with iAngels. You are solely responsible for your use of the Service, for any content you provide, and for any consequences thereof. iAngels, its employees, officers, shareholders, representatives and affiliates may participate in the Service as startups or investors, at their discretion.
- iAngels is not obligated to pay you or require other parties to pay you with respect to your activity on iAngels, or to display your Content on iAngels.
- iAngels may provide automatic updates to the Services at its sole discretion.
Additional Investor Representations (for investors on our platform)
- If you invest on behalf of a corporation, partnership or other entity, such entity validly exists under the applicable laws of the jurisdiction of its organization and; you are authorized to execute and perform investor obligations on behalf of such entity.
- The securities you purchase through our Website will be acquired for your own account and you have no intention of selling, reselling, granting or otherwise distributing such securities.
- You acknowledge that the investments made by you are highly speculative. You have the knowledge and experience in financial and business matters and are capable of evaluating the merits and risks of making early stage investments. You are able to bear the economic risks of acquiring securities and holding them for a substantial period of time. You acknowledge that any offering published on this Website does not constitute a promise or guaranty by iAngels or the founders as to the success of the investment and involves a risk factor that might result in the loss of your investment.
- You have not entered into an engagement with a broker, finder, financial adviser or anyone acting in a similar capacity that would obligate iAngels to pay a fee to any such person in connection with the Service.
- iAngels may discontinue or change the Service at any time and for any reason without liability.
- iAngels may delete your account which may cause you to lose access to information, connections or other features that might have been associated with your account.
- iAngels may refuse registration or cancel your user account at its discretion.
- iAngels may suspend your access to the Service. If you violate the Terms, iAngels may pursue other legal remedies.
- iAngels may access, preserve and disclose any information as necessary to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce this agreement, to detect and prevent fraud, security or technical issues, to respond to user support requests, or to protect the rights, property or safety of members of the iAngels community and the public.
- iAngels may terminate or limit your account. iAngels will not be liable for any claim based upon termination of an account or removal of content. iAngels may consider notice to you through the email address you provided in your profile as reasonable effort to notify you of removal or disabling of your account.
- iAngels may invite you to chat or participate in blogs, online forums and other functionality and may provide you with the opportunity to contribute to this type of content. Materials transmitted to iAngels will be treated as non-confidential. Comments, feedback, suggestions and other ideas communicated to iAngels are deemed to have been licensed to iAngels on a free, permanent basis.
- iAngels has no obligation to invest in any of the fundraising rounds made available for investment to members of iAngels.
- iAngels may move, edit or delete content or comments from the Service.
Privacy and Protection
“iAngels,” and “iAngels.co” are trademarks and trade names of iAngels. All page headers, logos, graphics and icons are protected to the extent allowed under applicable laws. The Website may include at any given time text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips and data compilations, and together with the Website’s page layout, underlying code and software were refer to all of these as “Content”.
All of the Content is the property of iAngels, our affiliates or third parties with whom we do business, and this means that it is protected by applicable intellectual property laws and other relevant laws. You may not copy, imitate or use any of iAngels’ intellectual property without our prior written consent.
Disclaimers and Waivers of Liability
- You agree that use of the Website and Service is at your own risk. The Website and Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis without any warranties that is will be free of faults, defects, interruptions and/or errors. Other than as expressly set out in these Terms or additional terms, iAngels does not make any specific promises about the Services or their success. For example, iAngels does make any commitments about the content within the Services, the specific functions of the Services, or their reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs.
- You agree that information, data, commentary and materials on the Website are not intended to amount to advice, and this Service should not be relied upon when taking any decisions or actions.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the disclaimers of liability contained herein apply to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, omission, deletion, interruption, error, delay, virus, communication failure, unauthorized access, theft, destruction, alteration or use of records, whether for breach of contract, negligence, tortuous behavior, or under other cause of action.
- You acknowledge that iAngels is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of third parties, including other users of the Website and Service and operators of external websites and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you. iAngels makes no warranty and disclaims all liability regarding the completeness, accuracy, consistency or security of the Service. iAngels will not be responsible or liable for harm that results from your use of the Service. iAngels has no liability for the deletion of or the failure to store any content and communications maintained by the Service.
- When permitted by law iAngels, and any of its founders, employees, directors, shareholder’s and affiliates, will not be responsible for any lost profits, goodwill, revenues, or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages.
- To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of iAngels, for any claims under these Terms, including for any implied warranties, shall be limited to direct damages actually incurred up to the lesser of (i) the amount you paid us to use the Services, if any or (ii) US$500.00 (Five Hundred US Dollars).
- The limitation of liability herein applies to all liabilities in the aggregate, including, without limitation, those resulting from your use or your inability to use the iAngels Website or Service, or any other matter arising from or relating to the Service. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
- To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, iAngels makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to any third party data provided to iAngels or its transmission, timeliness, accuracy or completeness, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. iAngels will not be liable in any way to you or to any other person for any inaccuracy, error or delay in or omission of any third party data or the transmission or delivery of any such third party data and any loss or damage arising from (i) any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, (ii) third-party non-performance, or (iii) interruption in any such third party data due either to any negligent act or omission by iAngels or “force majeure” or any other cause beyond reasonable control of iAngels.
From time to time we may update and amend these Terms of Service (all or any part) to take account of changes in the law or for any other reason. If we update these Terms of Service, we will post a new version on the Website, and as soon as you use the Website after they are posted, you will be deemed to have agreed to the updated version, but you will still be bound by the terms of any previous versions to which you have agreed or been deemed to agree. If there is a conflict between two versions of the Terms of Service to which you have agreed or been deemed to agree, the more recent version shall take precedence unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
These Terms remain in full force and effect for as long as you use our Service, unless terminated by iAngels. Upon termination of these Terms for any reason, you shall remove from all computers and storage all copies of any intellectual property owned by iAngels or other users of the Service that you acquired via the Website or otherwise. Your representations in this agreement and any other provisions which by their nature are designed to survive termination (including your non-circumvention commitment) shall survive any termination or expiration of this agreement.
Links to Other Websites
This Website may contain links to other websites. Unless we expressly say otherwise, you should assume that these other websites are not under the control of iAngels. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites, and we disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. Additionally, even if we include a link to another website on this Website, that does not mean that we recommend or induce you to use such other websites in any respect.
We have made every effort to ensure that these Terms of Service adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of applicable laws. However, in the event that any of these provisions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that provision is to be deemed severed from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms of Service in any manner.
Governing Laws and Dispute Resolution
These Terms and the Services provided by iAngels are governed by the laws of the State of Israel, although it may be accessed and used throughout the world. By accessing or using the Services, you and iAngels each agree that the substantive laws of the State of Israel will govern with respect to all matters relating to or arising from these Terms, or the use (or inability to use) the Services and/or iAngles Website, and that such laws will apply without regard to principles of conflict of laws. You and iAngels agree and hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate courts located in Tel Aviv, Israel with respect to such matters.